Jetty at St. Paul’s Islands repaired

Transport Malta fixed the jetty on St. Paul’s Islands.  The jetty allows visitors to enjoy the conjoined islands which are only accessible by boat.

Back in 1575, seafaring corsairs chased a certain Marco di Maria.  The latter navigated his vessel inside the channel between the Islands and Malta.  The Corsairs followed and ran aground.  The Knights managed to capture them and the Grand Master gave the islands to di Maria.

Grand Master Lascaris built a defensive tower on the islands.  A farmer eventually converted the tower into a farmhouse and lived there until before the second world war.

It is believed that the area is where St. Paul had shipwrecked, hence the name of the Islands and the statue erected there in 1845.

(Source – Wikipedia)